Registration & Cancellation
In order to register for any SLIG program, course, or event (including addition to a waiting list), you will be required to acknowledge that you agree to these policies at the time you set up a “SLIG Registration Account.”
This account is separate from any other UGA account you may have (membership, special interest groups, mailing lists, etc.) and will only be used for program registration and course management; lodging reservations are processed separately.
You may set up this account any time prior to registering; only one account is required to register for all SLIG programs in the upcoming year. You must use the email address connected to your UGA membership account in order to receive UGA member discounts.
You may access this account at any time to update your information and review or modify program selections or contact information.
Cancellation Policy - UNDER CONSTRUCTION; TO BE UPDATED SHORTLY FOR UPCOMING PROGRAMS
SLIG cancellation policies are intended to protect the integrity of the programs and meet all financial commitments. We acknowledge that last minute changes may occur due to illness or accident and encourage participants to consider purchasing travel insurance (to include the cost of tuition and lodging) if they feel they might be at risk of cancelling after the cancellation deadline or after arrival.
- SLIG and SLIG Academy: Cancellations received by 11:59 pm Mountain Time, November 30, 2018, will receive a refund less a $75 administrative fee. Where cancellation in one program is pursuant to registration in another, the administrative fee may be reduced to $25. No refunds or program change credits will be issued for cancellations received after November 30, 2018; registrants will receive a printed syllabus by mail.
- SLIG Virtual programs: Cancellations received 30 days prior to the first meeting day of the event, 11:59 pm Mountain time, will receive a refund less a $50 administrative fee. After that date, registrants will receive an electronic syllabus by mail, but no refund will be issued.
- SLIG Tech Day: Cancellations received prior to December 20, 2018, will receive a refund less a $15 administrative fee. Thereafter, a copy of the handout will be provided digitally, but no refund given.
- Tours: Cancellations received prior to November 1, 2018, will receive a refund less a $15 administrative fee. Thereafter, guarantees have been placed with the tour company and no refund is available. Substitutions are allowed and may be made through the registrar.
- Cancellation requests must be made in writing (email@example.com).
- No exceptions can be made for late cancellation or early departure.
- Fees paid are not transferrable.
Acknowledgement of this policy, and agreement to abide by it, will be required in order to register for any program.